Do you like free money to spend at Amazon.com? I know I do! This Black Friday you can get a free $20 gift card* to Amazon.com courtesy of Personal Capital. All you have to do is sign up for their free investment management and expense tracking service and add at least one “financial account”* to the Personal Capital dashboard and they will email you a $20 Amazon gift card. Hurry, because quantities are limited and it’s first come, first served.
As if that wasn’t enough, you’ll also be getting access to a pretty great set of features from Personal Capital for free. Signing up and linking accounts is really simple. Once you link your accounts, you have all your investments, income, and expenses all summarized in one screen. You can drill down to see detailed expense reports for any category or any time period. The investment tools let you see exactly what you own in all your accounts, how much the values change in real time, and they have a number of tools to dig deeper into your portfolio to see what you’re paying in expenses and how your asset allocation compares to an optimum asset allocation. The home page displays your ever fluctuating net worth (which is fun to watch if you can handle the volatility).
To qualify for the $20 giveaway, you have to sign up for Personal Capital through this link. Sign up before all the gift cards are gone!
* The fine print:
After midnight on Thanksgiving, users who sign up and link at least one account will get a free $20 Amazon.com gift card. The promotion runs through Monday, December 1 or until the $50,000 runs out, whichever happens first.
According to the promotion, “a user must sign up for the Personal Capital services and link at least one valid financial account. Credit card, PayPal and Coinbase accounts do not count towards the giveaway.” I’m interpreting that to mean that adding brokerage accounts, IRA’s, 401k’s and similar type accounts will qualify you for the $20 promotion.
** Update 1: As of 9:00 am eastern time on Monday 12/1/2014, the $20 Amazon gift card offer is now available again. They will run the promotion the rest of December 1 or until the $50,000 runs out (whichever happens first).
*** Update 2: As of 2:00 pm 12/2/2014, the $20 offer still appears to be available. Please post in the comments if you sign up and do (or don’t) get the $20 amazon GC so others know what’s up. Others reported getting the gift card within minutes or hours over the weekend.
*** Update 3: As of 1:00 pm on 12/3/2014, it appears the promotion is over.
What would you buy with $20 at Amazon?
Root of Good Recommends:
- Personal Capital* - It's the best FREE way to track your spending, income, and entire investment portfolio all in one place. Did I mention it's FREE?
- Free Travel* - We score $10,000 worth of free travel every year from credit card sign up bonuses. Get your free travel, too.
- Save more on travel with Airbnb and take $40 off your first stay*. We usually get apartments with 2-3 bedrooms plus a kitchen and living room for less than the price of 1 hotel room. Save even more with weekly and monthly discounts.
- Use a shopping portal like Ebates* and save more on everything you buy online. Get a $10 bonus* when you sign up now.
- Google Fi* - Use the link and save $20 on unlimited calls and texts for US cell service plus 200+ countries of free international coverage. Only $20 per month plus $10 per GB data.