(Advertiser Disclosure: This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives
compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This
compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not
include all financial companies or all available financial offers.)
Credit Cards Hand Out Free Money??!!
Using the right credit cards for your everyday purchases might be the easiest way to make hundreds or thousands of dollars every year with very little effort. I have previously described how easy it is for an average household to pocket $1,000 per year simply by picking the right credit cards with the best cash back or travel rewards.
There are many new cards that give 1.5% to 2% in cash or travel rewards on all purchases, and up to 5% on some categories of spending. To sweeten the deal, most credit card issuers offer sign up bonuses of $100 to $500 paid in cash, free hotel stays, or free flights. Switching cards is a tiny inconvenience in exchange for mega bonuses and much higher rewards on all your purchases. It’s like free money for doing something you already do (as long as you keep paying your credit card bills in full each month).
You can also benefit from having cards that have low interest rates if you do need to carry a balance. Cards that waive the typical 3% foreign transaction fee for overseas transactions can benefit you significantly if you plan on doing a lot of international travel.
Finding the perfect credit card for you depends on how much you spend each month and whether you prefer cash back or travel rewards. The links below are a compilation of the current credit card offers.
Find the Credit Card For You!
(note: compliance rules and US financial regulations prohibit me from recommending a particular credit card but there are credit cards available at the following links. Turn off ad-block software if you can’t see the links or graphics.)
(Editorial Note – Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of any bank,
credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed,
approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.)
Root of Good Recommends:
- Personal Capital* - It's the best FREE way to track your spending, income, and entire investment portfolio all in one place. Did I mention it's FREE?
- Free Travel* - We score $10,000 worth of free travel every year from credit card sign up bonuses. Get your free travel, too.
- Save more on travel with Airbnb and take $40 off your first stay*. We usually get apartments with 2-3 bedrooms plus a kitchen and living room for less than the price of 1 hotel room. Save even more with weekly and monthly discounts.
- Use a shopping portal like Ebates* and save more on everything you buy online. Get a $10 bonus* when you sign up now.
- Google Fi* - Use the link and save $20 on unlimited calls and texts for US cell service plus 200+ countries of free international coverage. Only $20 per month plus $10 per GB data.