By popular demand, I’m now offering personal early retirement consultation sessions on a limited basis.
How you benefit from an Early Retirement Lifestyle Consultation
- Gain confidence in your early retirement plans
- Make sure you’re on the right path
- Identify issues and hurdles early so you can solve them now
- Bounce ideas off someone who successfully retired early
Am I providing the secrets to an easy path to early retirement?
Yes and no. You still have to do the hard work of spending less than you make, investing wisely, and optimizing your tax liability. Everything I know about early retirement I learned for free from online resources or books available from the library. I share what I know on this blog for free!
There aren’t any secrets. It’s just a matter of getting concise information from a chat with me to answer your specific questions and provide feedback.
Why do I charge a fee?
I’m retired. But I get asked by lots of people to chat about early retirement and finances, and they want to pay me (which is very flattering!). Since my time is limited and very valuable (to me!), the best way to ration my time is by charging a fee. Classic economic theory at work.
Getting the most value out of a consultation
The best conversations happen when you have data at hand. If you aren’t already tracking your investments, expenses, and income, then please start now. It doesn’t matter if you use pen and paper, a spreadsheet, or an online tool like Personal Capital (my preferred choice) or Mint.
What clients are saying:
My wife and I are very close to retirement (at 30 and 33) and after spending two hours with Justin we feel much more comfortable with our plan. Justin provided some great strategies on maximizing financial flexibility in retirement through Roth conversion ladders, utilizing the Affordable Care Act, and creating some side income. Speaking with someone who has achieved what you are trying to accomplish is one of the best ways to gain knowledge quickly and efficiently. It can be difficult to find someone who understands the unique issues encountered by early retirees and Justin’s deep knowledge was very valuable in boosting our confidence to retire early.
Over the last few years, my husband and I have doubled our income and have been trying to figure out how to be smarter about taxes and investing. No one we’ve asked has a clue, and we’ve cobbled together info from blogs and forums but haven’t been sure it’s right for our situation. Talking to Justin was a breath of fresh air, and we finally feel confident about where we are and what our next steps will be towards financial independence. Thanks so much!
And last but not least:
“Thank you again for the incredible two hours you spent with me! As an avid reader of many FIRE blogs for years, I reached out to you because of your down-to-earth approach to the RE lifestyle. Before our consulting session, I brainstormed questions and you helped me not only gain perspective on several issues (i.e. what is enough, Roth conversion timing, how to factor in major purchases into long-term spending plans, and slow travel) but you also provided a construct through which to time the final year of my career. The two hours was not only worth every penny spent, but also gave me the courage to stop saying “one more year”. My very best to you as you continue to help so many people.”
Josh F., January 2020
- Basic Consultation: 1 hour – $145
- In Depth Consultation: Two hours – $275 ($15 Savings)
Roughly 50% of clients select the In Depth Consultation. I feel the In Depth package provides the best value for those who want to discuss multiple complex issues, and can be structured as two one hour sessions or as a single two hour session.
If you are interested in a consulting session with me, please fill out the form below and choose the package that best suits your needs.
Then I’ll send you payment instructions at Paypal.
After receiving payment we will schedule a mutually agreeable time.
Chat sessions will be conducted by video chat on Skype. At your option, we can do audio only chat on Skype or speak on the telephone.
Root of Good Recommends:
- Personal Capital* - It's the best FREE way to track your spending, income, and entire investment portfolio all in one place. Did I mention it's FREE?
- Free Travel* - We score $10,000 worth of free travel every year from credit card sign up bonuses. Get your free travel, too.
- Save more on travel with Airbnb and take $40 off your first stay*. We usually get apartments with 2-3 bedrooms plus a kitchen and living room for less than the price of 1 hotel room. Save even more with weekly and monthly discounts.
- Use a shopping portal like Ebates* and save more on everything you buy online. Get a $10 bonus* when you sign up now.
- Google Fi* - Use the link and save $20 on unlimited calls and texts for US cell service plus 200+ countries of free international coverage. Only $20 per month plus $10 per GB data.